Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas

I for one am ready and also not ready for Christmas to be over this year.  My husband works for a major shipping company and that greatly effects our life this time of year.  Peak they call it.  A time when Cam sometimes works 14 hours a day and drives 60 hours in one week.  While everyone else is getting family time, we are getting a lot less time together.  I look around blog land facebook and see all the fun family stuff that people are doing and I get disappointed. BUT... I like to take a positive skew on it.  I like to joke that I am married to Santa Claus.  I think of the numerous people out their who are anxiously waiting  for their packages to arrive. I'm glad Cam can help bring a little bit of happiness to them this holiday season. 
Because my husband has a job that is inconvenient this time of year it makes me think a little deeper about the many other people who sacrifice time with their families not just during the holidays but all year long.  I grew up in a family with a very  "traditional" schedule.  My dad was home for dinner, he was always off work on major holidays.  That was my world. I assumed that everyone had a life like me.  Now I know better.  I know how good I have it.  My heart goes out to all those who are giving up their time with families so that my family can have a good holiday.
 SO here's to the doctors, the police and security workers, to the retail and grocery store employees, the soldiers, the snow-plowers and many more who work so I can have a happy holiday season.  When you are stressed that your package hasn't come, or you can't find that one last gift at the store... please be kind.

Wishing everyone in blog land an Fantastic Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Trina


1 comment:

  1. I understand this completely. I feel fortunate to have a more normal schedule now that allows me to have holidays with my family. But growing up, we routinely celebrated Christmas that day before or the day after - whenever we could be together. I hope that you all have a happy holiday, hopefully all together.

    ReplyDelete